Work in Progress

You oughta hear the mirror in my house You oughta fear her pretty, pretty mouth Says I’m imperfect in every way: “Miss Almost, Miss Maybe, Miss Halfway”/...But I’m gonna burn, I’m gonna shine and multiply I’m gonna fill up the great divide You’ll never break me with all the things you say “Miss Almost, Miss Maybe, Miss Halfway”

Sunday, September 06, 2009

Dear person who stole my laundry:

I strongly dislike you. What the hell were you thinking?!? Neither I nor my parents had the money to replace all that stuff right now! What on Earth could you gain by swapping someone else's clothes?!? Have fun with three weeks' worth of my old underwear! Seriously, what the freaking heck??????
Too much anger for words,
Rachel.
------------------------------------------
Yup. That's right. I had TWO FULL LOADS of laundry stolen yesterday right out of the dryer, along with my hamper. But they left the dryer sheets.
I cannot express how angry I am right now. I did not need to spend any more money as of late. That was SO FREAKING DUMB!!!! MORON!!!! GAH!
So far, all the RAs in my building know, as well as the RHD, I've filed reports with Wartburg Security and the Waverly Police, I wrote a facebook note and tagged 15 people, I've talked to three other people in person, I emailed the maintenance lady for this building, and I'm informing the local thrift store tomorrow (in case they donate stuff to get if off of their hands) as well as putting an ad in the Trumpet and making an announcement to both bands. Oh, and the RAs and I knocked on everyone's doors yesterday just to see if anyone noticed anything. And we searched the building and dumpsters.
I AM SO PISSED RIGHT NOW!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
So, today I had to do some major shopping. Because all but two pairs of underwear are gone, as well as all of my jeans. I didn't do too bad, really, only about $230 for 3 pairs of jeans, 7 shirts, 2 washcloths, 3 weeks' worth of underwear, 2 pairs of pajama pants, a hoodie, and a new hamper. It hasn't replace every single last bit of clothing I lost, but it'll tide me over very well for the time being.
Happiest purchase: super super fuzzy AE hoodie for about $17 instead of $30-something. Seriously, fuzziest hoodie I've ever worn. (BTW, I fit in an xs...I haven't fit in an xs since before college. Strange. I think they run a little big...)
Next time I do laundry, I am not leaving the laundry room for any amount of time at all.
Freaking jerks.

2 Comments:

At 10:27 PM, Anonymous Sandy said...

Buddy,
I am so sorry to hear this! What is WRONG with people?!!??

Sending a huge *hug* your way.

Love,
Sandy

 
At 7:46 PM, Blogger Jennilee said...

I feel your pain! Just today some bitch decided to steal my basket of clothes. That little bitch was snooping around the whole time, I should had known and fucken write down her license plate number since she got away in her stupid car.

 

Post a Comment

<< Home