Work in Progress

You oughta hear the mirror in my house You oughta fear her pretty, pretty mouth Says I’m imperfect in every way: “Miss Almost, Miss Maybe, Miss Halfway”/...But I’m gonna burn, I’m gonna shine and multiply I’m gonna fill up the great divide You’ll never break me with all the things you say “Miss Almost, Miss Maybe, Miss Halfway”

Wednesday, July 08, 2009

Dear Head Cold,

I have my eye on you.
I know that you're slowly moving from my sinuses to my lungs.
I know that this deep hack is my bronchitis cough.
I do not like coughing fits. Or bronchitis. Or antibiotics. Or doctor visits.
And I do not want to deal with bronchitis. AGAIN. I just got over it 3 months ago.
Please leave. I have a finger that I would like to show you, and a colorful phrase.
No love whatsoever,
Rachel
PS. I hate cough syrup, too. So leave and stop making me take it! =P
---------------
I hate colds!!!! I'm feeling better, but I can tell this thing is settling in my chest just like the sinus infection I had in February settled in my chest and turned into a bad strain of bronchitis that took two rounds of antibiotics and almost three bottles of cough syrup to get through.
I do have a doctor's appointment next week to discuss allergy meds since they're not working so well, which seems to be really good timing.
But yeah. I hope this isn't what it seems...

2 Comments:

At 1:38 AM, Blogger Sarah said...

Maybe you need some more inhaler up your nose! ;-)

 
At 12:05 AM, Blogger Rae said...

Haven't you seen 'My Big Fat Greek Wedding'?
It is quite obvious to me that all you need to do is drink a bottle of Windex!
..silly girl. ;-D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home