Work in Progress

You oughta hear the mirror in my house You oughta fear her pretty, pretty mouth Says I’m imperfect in every way: “Miss Almost, Miss Maybe, Miss Halfway”/...But I’m gonna burn, I’m gonna shine and multiply I’m gonna fill up the great divide You’ll never break me with all the things you say “Miss Almost, Miss Maybe, Miss Halfway”

Friday, July 03, 2009

Iowa! =]

So this Wednesday was my LAST EVER PIANO TEST!!!!!!!! I passed! No more! I will be student teaching this fall, and graduating this May...and it is very, very awesome and exciting.
One happy part of the test was that I got to stay with Sarah for a few nights instead of getting a hotel room. Which was pretty much awesome =D
There was carnival going to, NCIS watching, Chinese eating, etc.
I was *supposed* to come home yesterday afternoon. Wednesday night, Sarah suggested that we bike around the lake Thursday morning. I wanted to, I thought it would be fun, which it was.
But.
It was 14 miles. And I haven't been on a bike since I was 16, and that was just around the block. =O Sarah thought I knew how long it would be, and I thought Sarah wouldn't suggest it if it was really long.
As a result, I have a bruised butt from the seat, very sore thigh muscles, and some pretty good sunburn on my back. But also a pretty awesome-fun memory =]
By the time bike-riding was done it was mid afternoon, by the time showering was done it was late afternoon, and by that time I realized I was too tired to drive home after that. Really, I was exhausted (I had an espresso from Cabin Coffee AND a cup of tea, and still felt like I could take a nap). So I stayed for an extra night, which happened to be $1 bowling night, so we met up with Jill and had a fantastic time =D
Let me just add that a bruised butt makes for a very painful 6.5 hour ride home, and I just had to pick up more aloe vera since we're out. *sigh*
But the extra night was lots and lots of fun and happy =]
The ride home was nothing special, unlike what my parents kept saying it would be (OMG traffic and crazy people...yeah, right). I did run over a large plastic (thankfully empty and not paint or yuck filled) bucket and exploded it to bits...it flew out of the back of a pickup and straight into the left lane (right in front of me, of course!), and there were cars in the right lane, and I couldn't slow down enough to swerve out of the way (I did hit the brakes really hard, but that's how close it was to me). The good thing is it hasn't done any noticeable damage to my car.
4th of July tomorrow, which means good foods! =D
I has some big sleepies...*yawn*

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home