Work in Progress

You oughta hear the mirror in my house You oughta fear her pretty, pretty mouth Says I’m imperfect in every way: “Miss Almost, Miss Maybe, Miss Halfway”/...But I’m gonna burn, I’m gonna shine and multiply I’m gonna fill up the great divide You’ll never break me with all the things you say “Miss Almost, Miss Maybe, Miss Halfway”

Monday, June 08, 2009

Frustrations and life in general.

Today my dad decided that he was going to "fix" both toilets, because they both won't stop running (you need to jiggle the handle of the one upstairs to get it to stop, and mess with stuff in the tank of the one downstairs to get it to stop). Upstairs is better now (at least, I think it is), but he doesn't really know what he's doing downstairs, and has already snapped something-or-other in half and had to buy a replacement. My day has been punctuated with the sounds of frequently flushing toilets and plenty of mumbling unhappy things. Of course, he won't listen to my mom and just call the plumber. *sigh*
I had to call Wartburg today because they're taking their sweet time in sending information about what I owe next year, and it's kind of important to have exact numbers so that loans can be procured. The person I talked to in the controller's office said she'd email me a scan of a bill. Which was great.
Except it's freaking last year's bill, with charges for Knights Village and all.
Yeah. That helps. A lot. =P
Way-to-go Wartburg.
(I need this year's bill, because I have a completely different class load and live in a different dorm with a different parking lot and a different meal plan...had I wanted last year's bill I could have just found it with all my other college paperwork)
And, of course, there's extended family drama to top it all off. Like, completely out of the blue, I must live on a soap opera drama. Argh. Save the drama for your llama!
Yesterday the boys had drag races to go to, so it was a mommy and Rachel day, which was quite happy. =] We went to see Angels and Demons. I has a beef with that movie. I don't mind when some things are changed from the book to adapt to the screen better (anyone who knows my enjoyment of the Harry Potter movies knows this). However, I do mind when the events from the first hundred pages of the book are *completely* switched around, when a main character is entirely left out, and when a character that was supposed to die ends up living instead, altering the end of the movie.
*sigh*
I enjoyed the movie, I'm just not sure that it's something I'd want to own or watch a bajillion times. After that, we got some Chinese food and watched Juno. =D Then people came home.
And I watched the Tonys! =D That was super happy, too.
And now, it's off to other things...like piano practicing (BLAH)...and such. Joy.

1 Comments:

At 10:54 PM, Blogger Rae said...

I have to say though, I think when they were making that movie they said, "Oooooh...We're changing a lot of things. What can we do to make the audiences not hate us? I know! Let's give them Ewan McGreggor to look at! That'll distract them."

*sigh*
I am so weak.
=D

 

Post a Comment

<< Home